See local career listings below
The Support Siouxland Soldiers “Help on the Homefront” event brought in great Siouxland businesses who want to hire Veterans! In addition to contacting our local IowaWorks Veterans Services office, please see the local companies below: (Last updated Oct. 2012)
2508 4th St
Sioux City, IA 51101
Telephone: (712) 233-9030
Fax: (712) 277-8438
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesdays. 9:00 – 4:30 PM
Map To Find Us
The Gold Card provides unemployed post-9/11 era veterans with the intensive and follow-up services they need to succeed in today’s job market. The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS).
An eligible veteran can present the Gold Card at IowaWORKS to receive enhanced intensive services including up to six months of follow-up. The enhanced in-person services available for Gold Card holders may include:
- Job readiness assessment, including interviews and testing;
- Development of an Individual Development Plan (IDP);
- Career guidance through group or individual counseling that helps veterans in making training and career decisions;
- Provision of labor market, occupational, and skills transferability information that inform educational, training, and occupational decisions;
- Referral to job banks, job portals, and job openings;
- Referral to employers and registered apprenticeship sponsors;
- Referral to training by WIA-funded or third party service providers; and
- Monthly follow-up by an assigned case manager for up to six months.
Eligible veterans can print a Gold Card here.
Local Job Opportunities for Veterans
CW Sueter, Sioux City, IA
We have a lot of work ahead of us and we are needing to hire 2-3 FULL TIME general laborers immediately and will be looking to hire 3-4 more in November. Candidate must be a hard worker with basic construction skills. Must be able to withstand heights and small confined spaces. Candidate must also possess a current driver’s license, a clean driving record, and must be willing and able to pass a periodic drug screening. After 90 days, we offer health insurance, short term disability, life insurance, and 401K. Interviews will be starting as early as Wednesday, October 24th.
Alorica Cares- Jobs for Veterans from home! www.aloricajobs.com
Kristin King (712) 635-2843
Cargill – 11th St. Sioux City, IA See positions here!
Lowes, Sioux City See positions here!
5758 Sunnybrook Drive
Sioux City, IA 51106, Store #1695
Phone: (712) 389-9007 | Fax: (712) 389-9008
Mon. – Sat. 7 Am – 10 Pm, Sun 8 Am – 8 Pm
Central Petroleum Transport, Inc.
Truck Driver and PT Manager positions
Marcia Crabb: (712) 258-6357
Fimco See Positions here!
Jen Bower, Human Resources
Old Navy, See Positions here!
Lakeport Commons Sioux City, IA