Support Siouxland Soldiers is a non-profit (501c3) organization that provides:
- Food for Veterans
- Emergency Relief Grants for Homeless or Near Homeless Veterans
- Sends Care-packages to our deployed Troops
- Provides Christmas presents to Military Children
- Provides rental assistance to homeless or near homeless Veterans
Thank you for your interest in Support Siouxland Soldiers! The Siouxland community has over 18,000* Veterans. It is because of the dedicated volunteers and community support, that we have been able to support them since the Iraqi Freedom Tour in 2007.
VETERANS: As a way to serve those who have served, we launched “Food For Veterans”. This program provides a week’s worth of free groceries to Veterans and Military Families. We also provide Emergency Relief grants to homeless or near homeless Veterans. For more information, please see our Fund page.
FAMILIES: Increasing the morale of the troops and military families during long deployments was the founding mission of Support Siouxland Soldiers’ in 2007. We organize “Care Pack” events where families can customize care-packages for their deployed Service Member. We provide all of the shipping materials, snacks, hygiene items and gifts to go into the care-packages and also pay to ship the packages. To date we have sent over 4,000 care-packages to our deployed troops.
We have also provided support to the Siouxland Military families by organizing recreational family events and children’s gifts during the Holidays.
These events have included:
- Holidays for our Heroes
- Winter Holiday Parties
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Kid’s Carnival
- Pumpkin Patch & Hay Rack Rides
- Family Night at the Ball Park
- Night at the Museum
- Military Appreciation Night at the Musketeer’s game
- Nature Youth Camp Day at the Nature Center
- Gift Certificates for Date Nights
- and Awesome KIDZ ZONE Night.