The mission of Support Siouxland Soldiers is to honor and improve the quality of life for all Siouxland Veterans, Military families and active service members, especially those who need us the most.
- Food assistance
- Emergency crisis resources
- Support and resource events
- Care-packages for our deployed Troops
- Quarterly “Honoring All Who Served” Events (hot meals, groceries, resource fair, haircuts, clothing and hygiene items)
- Holiday gifts for Military Children
- Monthly “Waffles for Warriors” events (Free breakfast of waffles, sausage, eggs and sides, groceries and resources)
Thank you for your interest in Support Siouxland Soldiers! The Siouxland community has over 18,000* Veterans. It is because of the dedicated volunteers and community support, that we have been able to support them since the Iraqi Freedom Tour in 2007.
For upcoming events and activities, connect with us on Facebook at Support Siouxland Soldiers Subject Line: Volunteer
Veterans and Military families can join our email list to receive event updates. Please email email@example.com Subject Line: Veteran or Military family
Volunteers are needed for each event! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email list.
Support Siouxland Soldiers was founded in 2007 in Sioux City, IA by Sarah Petersen, a military wife, Siouxland Military families, Veterans and Security National Bank during the largest deployment of Iowa Troops since WWII. The organization began as a community-wide care-package program. To date Support Siouxland Soldiers has sent over 5,000 care-packages.
In 2010 Support Siouxland Soldiers began hosting “Honoring All Who Served” events where they distributed groceries to Veterans and Military families. These events quickly grew and now serve as a one-stop-shop for Veterans and Military families to build a support network; receive a hot meal, a box of groceries, haircuts and additional resources. Each year these events serve over 2500 Veterans and family members and requires over 50 Volunteers per event and 4,000 volunteer hours per year.
The mission of Support Siouxland Soldiers is to serve all Siouxland Veterans and Military families. Before, during and long after the deployments are over, we will be here.
Support Siouxland Soldiers events and co-sponsored events include:
- Honoring All Who Served events
- Waffles for Warriors events
- Care-pack events
- Holidays for our Heroes events
- Military Ladies Night
- Battle of the Badges Hockey Tournament and family picnic
- Military Appreciation Night at the Musketeer’s game
- Military Appreciation Night at the Bandits Games
- Military Appreciation Night at Texas Road House
- Softball for Armed Services Tournament, picnic and fundraiser
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Kid’s Carnivals
- Scarecrow Farms Pumpkin Patch & Hay Rack Rides
- Family Night at the Ball Park
- Night at the Museum
- Baseball Clinic and Night at the Explorer’s Baseball games
- Nature Youth Camp Day at the Nature Center
- Dinner and a movie Date Nights
- and Awesome KIDZ ZONE Night
If you would like to help serve and support our Siouxland Veterans, Active Service Members and Military families, you can make a secure, tax-deductible donation here. Thank you for your support!
For upcoming events and activities, connect with us on Facebook at Support Siouxland Soldiers
Join our email list by emailing email@example.com