Click here for the most recent local career opportunities and information about our local Sioux City IowaWorks Veterans Services office.
2508 4th St
Sioux City, IA 51101
Telephone: (712) 233-9030
Fax: (712) 277-8438
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesdays. 9:00 – 4:30 PM
Map To Find Us
The Gold Card provides unemployed post-9/11 era veterans with the intensive and follow-up services they need to succeed in today’s job market. The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS).
An eligible veteran can present the Gold Card at IowaWORKS to receive enhanced intensive services including up to six months of follow-up. The enhanced in-person services available for Gold Card holders may include:
- Job readiness assessment, including interviews and testing;
- Development of an Individual Development Plan (IDP);
- Career guidance through group or individual counseling that helps veterans in making training and career decisions;
- Provision of labor market, occupational, and skills transferability information that inform educational, training, and occupational decisions;
- Referral to job banks, job portals, and job openings;
- Referral to employers and registered apprenticeship sponsors;
- Referral to training by WIA-funded or third party service providers; and
- Monthly follow-up by an assigned case manager for up to six months.
Eligible veterans can print a Gold Card here.