Group Wants Help Sending Care Packages to Local Soldiers
Time: 11am-12 Noon
Location: 1-113th CAV Armory (by the airport, directions below)
You are invited to bring your friends and family and join us in packing care-packages for our Siouxland Soldiers who are away from family and friends. Because of a lot of returned care-packages, we are cleaning the slate. If you have not submitted your Soldier’s APO/FPO address within the last 2 months please resubmit their address. Thank you.
Bring photos, cards and extra goodies to customize a Soldier’s care-box then fill their package with items that have been donated from the Siouxland Community. Does your place of business offer a discount to military families? Email us and we will place a link to your company’s website from our Facebook Fan Page. Search: Support Siouxland Soldiers.
Patriot Club: We need:
2 volunteers to setup and run the book fair: price the books at either $.25 or $.75 cents
2 volunteers to setup tables at 9:30am
2 volunteers to construct boxes at 11am
2 volunteers to make sure boxes are full and include our card
2 volunteers to tape boxes shut
2 volunteers to help guests fill out their customs forms
2 volunteers to keep tables stocked
All volunteers can help put the care-pack items on the tables for packing
1-2 greeters that hand-out boxes
All Patriot Club Members who plan to attend, Please email me back with the station you’d like to be at.
1. Take the Sergeant Bluff exit coming from Sioux City (CR-D38 exit- EXIT 141)
2. Turn RIGHT towards the Airport onto 1ST ST / CR-D38 W.
3. 1ST ST / CR-D38 W becomes ODESSA AVE.
4. Before you enter the Airport area, Take your first LEFT onto HALSEY ST.
5. Take your first left onto OGDEN AVE / CR-D38.
6. Turn RIGHT onto HARBOR DR.
7. On Harbor Dr. you will drive past the 185th Air Guard entrance on your right, keep going straight, you will take a left at the National Guard Armory. (Tall Yellow building on your left) You will go through a security fence that will be open for the Care Pack Guests.
Support Siouxland Soldiers