Times are tough, especially for our young Military families. Many military children wake up with few gifts on Christmas morning because their families are struggling to make ends meet. Our Military families have set aside their own priorities for the priority of our Country. But for so many of these heroic families the holidays can be a disappointing time…especially for families of troops deployed over Christmas.
So, in addition to the care packages that we send to the troops, Support Siouxland Soldiers is continuing their special project to say thank you to the military families for their sacrifice by helping provide Christmas gifts for their children. Please help us to say “Thank you” and join our ‘Adopt a Military Child’ Christmas program.
How can you help? As you are shopping for your family pick up a couple presents for our Siouxland Military children of all ages. Then call Sarah at 712-541-8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come pick up your gifts or meet you somewhere. Gifts can also be dropped off at the National Guard Armory. See directions below. We will then invite the parents to come pick out the gifts for their children. The parents can wrap them and place them under the tree just in time for Christmas morning!
If you are a Military Family in need of some extra support this holiday season please email Sarah at email@example.com. Please include the first name and ages of your children and a copy of your DD214 or military ID. Thank you.
Army National Guard
3200 2nd Mech Drive
Sioux City, IA 51111-1348
1. Take the Sergeant Bluff exit coming from Sioux City, EXIT 141
2. Turn RIGHT towards the Airport onto 1ST ST
3. 1ST ST / CR-D38 W becomes ODESSA AVE.
4. Before you enter the Airport area, Take your first LEFT onto HALSEY
5. Take your first left onto OGDEN AVE
6. Turn RIGHT onto HARBOR DR.
7. On Harbor Dr. you will drive past the 185th Air Guard entrance on your right, keep going straight, you will take a left at the Iowa National Guard Armory.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Call Sarah at 712-541-8020